How many syllables in Raise
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. t. - To cause to rise; to bring from a lower to a higher
place; to lift upward; to elevate; to heave; as, to raise a stone or
- v. t. - To bring to a higher condition or situation; to elevate
in rank, dignity, and the like; to increase the value or estimation of;
to promote; to exalt; to advance; to enhance; as, to raise from a low
estate; to raise to office; to raise the price, and the like.
- v. t. - To increase the strength, vigor, or vehemence of; to
excite; to intensify; to invigorate; to heighten; as, to raise the
pulse; to raise the voice; to raise the spirits or the courage; to
raise the heat of a furnace.
- v. t. - To elevate in degree according to some scale; as, to
raise the pitch of the voice; to raise the temperature of a room.
- v. t. - To cause to rise up, or assume an erect position or
posture; to set up; to make upright; as, to raise a mast or flagstaff.
- v. t. - To cause to spring up from a recumbent position, from a
state of quiet, or the like; to awaken; to arouse.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?