How many syllables in Pole
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - A native or inhabitant of Poland; a Polander.
- n. - A long, slender piece of wood; a tall, slender piece of
timber; the stem of a small tree whose branches have been removed; as,
specifically: (a) A carriage pole, a wooden bar extending from the
front axle of a carriage between the wheel horses, by which the
carriage is guided and held back. (b) A flag pole, a pole on which a
flag is supported. (c) A Maypole. See Maypole. (d) A barber's pole, a
pole painted in stripes, used as a sign by barbers and hairdressers.
(e) A pole on which climbing beans, hops, or other vines, are trained.
- n. - A measuring stick; also, a measure of length equal to 5/
yards, or a square measure equal to 30/ square yards; a rod; a perch.
- v. t. - To furnish with poles for support; as, to pole beans or
- v. t. - To convey on poles; as, to pole hay into a barn.
- v. t. - To impel by a pole or poles, as a boat.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?