How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - Any agent which, when introduced into the animal organism,
is capable of producing a morbid, noxious, or deadly effect upon it;
as, morphine is a deadly poison; the poison of pestilential diseases.
- n. - That which taints or destroys moral purity or health; as,
the poison of evil example; the poison of sin.
- n. - To put poison upon or into; to infect with poison; as, to
poison an arrow; to poison food or drink.
- n. - To injure or kill by poison; to administer poison to.
- n. - To taint; to corrupt; to vitiate; as, vice poisons
happiness; slander poisoned his mind.
- v. i. - To act as, or convey, a poison.
2 Syllable Words Starting with?