How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. t. - To thrust into water, or into any substance that is
penetrable; to immerse; to cause to penetrate or enter quickly and
forcibly; to thrust; as, to plunge the body into water; to plunge a
dagger into the breast. Also used figuratively; as, to plunge a nation
- v. t. - To baptize by immersion.
- v. t. - To entangle; to embarrass; to overcome.
- v. i. - To thrust or cast one's self into water or other fluid;
to submerge one's self; to dive, or to rush in; as, he plunged into the
river. Also used figuratively; as, to plunge into debt.
- v. i. - To pitch or throw one's self headlong or violently
forward, as a horse does.
- v. i. - To bet heavily and with seeming recklessness on a race,
or other contest; in an extended sense, to risk large sums in hazardous
1 Syllable Words Starting with?