How many syllables in Pearl
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - A fringe or border.
- v. t. - To fringe; to border.
- n. - A shelly concretion, usually rounded, and having a brilliant
luster, with varying tints, found in the mantle, or between the mantle
and shell, of certain bivalve mollusks, especially in the pearl oysters
and river mussels, and sometimes in certain univalves. It is usually
due to a secretion of shelly substance around some irritating foreign
particle. Its substance is the same as nacre, or mother-of-pearl.
Pearls which are round, or nearly round, and of fine luster, are highly
esteemed as jewels, and compare in value with the precious stones.
- n. - Hence, figuratively, something resembling a pearl; something
- n. - Nacre, or mother-of-pearl.
- n. - A fish allied to the turbot; the brill.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?