How many syllables in Old
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - Open country.
- superl. - Not young; advanced far in years or life; having lived
till toward the end of the ordinary term of living; as, an old man; an
old age; an old horse; an old tree.
- superl. - Not new or fresh; not recently made or produced; having
existed for a long time; as, old wine; an old friendship.
- superl. - Formerly existing; ancient; not modern; preceding;
original; as, an old law; an old custom; an old promise.
- superl. - Continued in life; advanced in the course of existence;
having (a certain) length of existence; -- designating the age of a
person or thing; as, an infant a few hours old; a cathedral centuries
- superl. - Long practiced; hence, skilled; experienced; cunning; as,
an old offender; old in vice.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?