How many syllables in Melt
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - See 2d Milt.
- v. - To reduce from a solid to a liquid state, as by heat; to
liquefy; as, to melt wax, tallow, or lead; to melt ice or snow.
- v. - Hence: To soften, as by a warming or kindly influence; to
relax; to render gentle or susceptible to mild influences; sometimes,
in a bad sense, to take away the firmness of; to weaken.
- v. i. - To be changed from a solid to a liquid state under the
influence of heat; as, butter and wax melt at moderate temperatures.
- v. i. - To dissolve; as, sugar melts in the mouth.
- v. i. - Hence: To be softened; to become tender, mild, or gentle;
also, to be weakened or subdued, as by fear.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?