How many syllables in Lead
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - One of the elements, a heavy, pliable, inelastic metal,
having a bright, bluish color, but easily tarnished. It is both
malleable and ductile, though with little tenacity, and is used for
tubes, sheets, bullets, etc. Its specific gravity is 11.37. It is
easily fusible, forms alloys with other metals, and is an ingredient of
solder and type metal. Atomic weight, 206.4. Symbol Pb (L. Plumbum). It
is chiefly obtained from the mineral galena, lead sulphide.
- n. - An article made of lead or an alloy of lead
- n. - A plummet or mass of lead, used in sounding at sea.
- n. - A thin strip of type metal, used to separate lines of type in
- n. - Sheets or plates of lead used as a covering for roofs; hence,
pl., a roof covered with lead sheets or terne plates.
- n. - A small cylinder of black lead or plumbago, used in pencils.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?