How many syllables in Cone
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - A solid of the form described by the revolution of a
right-angled triangle about one of the sides adjacent to the right
angle; -- called also a right cone. More generally, any solid having a
vertical point and bounded by a surface which is described by a
straight line always passing through that vertical point; a solid
having a circle for its base and tapering to a point or vertex.
- n. - Anything shaped more or less like a mathematical cone; as, a
volcanic cone, a collection of scoriae around the crater of a volcano,
usually heaped up in a conical form.
- n. - The fruit or strobile of the Coniferae, as of the pine, fir,
cedar, and cypress. It is composed of woody scales, each one of which
has one or two seeds at its base.
- n. - A shell of the genus Conus, having a conical form.
- v. t. - To render cone-shaped; to bevel like the circular segment
of a cone; as, to cone the tires of car wheels.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?