How many syllables in Law
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - In general, a rule of being or of conduct, established by an
authority able to enforce its will; a controlling regulation; the mode
or order according to which an agent or a power acts.
- n. - In morals: The will of God as the rule for the disposition and
conduct of all responsible beings toward him and toward each other; a
rule of living, conformable to righteousness; the rule of action as
obligatory on the conscience or moral nature.
- n. - The Jewish or Mosaic code, and that part of Scripture where it
is written, in distinction from the gospel; hence, also, the Old
- n. - An organic rule, as a constitution or charter, establishing
and defining the conditions of the existence of a state or other
- n. - Any edict, decree, order, ordinance, statute, resolution,
judicial, decision, usage, etc., or recognized, and enforced, by the
- n. - In philosophy and physics: A rule of being, operation, or
change, so certain and constant that it is conceived of as imposed by
the will of God or by some controlling authority; as, the law of
gravitation; the laws of motion; the law heredity; the laws of thought;
the laws of cause and effect; law of self-preservation.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?