How many syllables in Huff
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. t. - To swell; to enlarge; to puff up; as, huffed up with air.
- v. t. - To treat with insolence and arrogance; to chide or rebuke
with insolence; to hector; to bully.
- v. t. - To remove from the board (the piece which could have
captured an opposing piece). See Huff, v. i., 3.
- v. i. - To enlarge; to swell up; as, bread huffs.
- v. i. - To bluster or swell with anger, pride, or arrogance; to
storm; to take offense.
- v. i. - To remove from the board a man which could have captured a
piece but has not done so; -- so called because it was the habit to
blow upon the piece.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?