How many syllables in Blue
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- superl. - Having the color of the clear sky, or a hue resembling
it, whether lighter or darker; as, the deep, blue sea; as blue as a
sapphire; blue violets.
- superl. - Pale, without redness or glare, -- said of a flame;
hence, of the color of burning brimstone, betokening the presence of
ghosts or devils; as, the candle burns blue; the air was blue with
- superl. - Low in spirits; melancholy; as, to feel blue.
- superl. - Suited to produce low spirits; gloomy in prospect; as,
thongs looked blue.
- superl. - Severe or over strict in morals; gloom; as, blue and
sour religionists; suiting one who is over strict in morals;
inculcating an impracticable, severe, or gloomy mortality; as, blue
- superl. - Literary; -- applied to women; -- an abbreviation of
1 Syllable Words Starting with?