How many syllables in Hinge
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - The hook with its eye, or the joint, on which a door, gate,
lid, etc., turns or swings; a flexible piece, as a strip of leather,
which serves as a joint to turn on.
- n. - That on which anything turns or depends; a governing
principle; a cardinal point or rule; as, this argument was the hinge on
which the question turned.
- n. - One of the four cardinal points, east, west, north, or
- v. t. - To attach by, or furnish with, hinges.
- v. t. - To bend.
- v. i. - To stand, depend, hang, or turn, as on a hinge; to depend
chiefly for a result or decision or for force and validity; -- usually
with on or upon; as, the argument hinges on this point.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?