How many syllables in Hard
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- superl. - Not easily penetrated, cut, or separated into parts; not
yielding to pressure; firm; solid; compact; -- applied to material
bodies, and opposed to soft; as, hard wood; hard flesh; a hard apple.
- superl. - Difficult, mentally or judicially; not easily
apprehended, decided, or resolved; as a hard problem.
- superl. - Difficult to accomplish; full of obstacles; laborious;
fatiguing; arduous; as, a hard task; a disease hard to cure.
- superl. - Difficult to resist or control; powerful.
- superl. - Difficult to bear or endure; not easy to put up with or
consent to; hence, severe; rigorous; oppressive; distressing; unjust;
grasping; as, a hard lot; hard times; hard fare; a hard winter; hard
conditions or terms.
- superl. - Difficult to please or influence; stern; unyielding;
obdurate; unsympathetic; unfeeling; cruel; as, a hard master; a hard
heart; hard words; a hard character.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?