How many syllables in Halt
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- - 3d pers. sing. pres. of Hold, contraction for holdeth.
- n. - A stop in marching or walking, or in any action; arrest of
- v. i. - To hold one's self from proceeding; to hold up; to cease
progress; to stop for a longer or shorter period; to come to a stop; to
- v. i. - To stand in doubt whether to proceed, or what to do; to
hesitate; to be uncertain.
- v. t. - To cause to cease marching; to stop; as, the general
halted his troops for refreshment.
- a. - Halting or stopping in walking; lame.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?