How many syllables in Hall
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - A building or room of considerable size and stateliness, used
for public purposes; as, Westminster Hall, in London.
- n. - The chief room in a castle or manor house, and in early times
the only public room, serving as the place of gathering for the lord's
family with the retainers and servants, also for cooking and eating. It
was often contrasted with the bower, which was the private or sleeping
- n. - A vestibule, entrance room, etc., in the more elaborated
buildings of later times.
- n. - Any corridor or passage in a building.
- n. - A name given to many manor houses because the magistrate's
court was held in the hall of his mansion; a chief mansion house.
- n. - A college in an English university (at Oxford, an unendowed
1 Syllable Words Starting with?