How many syllables in Turn
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. t. - To cause to move upon a center, or as if upon a center; to
give circular motion to; to cause to revolve; to cause to move round,
either partially, wholly, or repeatedly; to make to change position so
as to present other sides in given directions; to make to face
otherwise; as, to turn a wheel or a spindle; to turn the body or the
- v. t. - To cause to present a different side uppermost or outmost;
to make the upper side the lower, or the inside to be the outside of;
to reverse the position of; as, to turn a box or a board; to turn a
- v. t. - To give another direction, tendency, or inclination to; to
direct otherwise; to deflect; to incline differently; -- used both
literally and figuratively; as, to turn the eyes to the heavens; to
turn a horse from the road, or a ship from her course; to turn the
attention to or from something.
- v. t. - To change from a given use or office; to divert, as to
another purpose or end; to transfer; to use or employ; to apply; to
- v. t. - To change the form, quality, aspect, or effect of; to
alter; to metamorphose; to convert; to transform; -- often with to or
into before the word denoting the effect or product of the change; as,
to turn a worm into a winged insect; to turn green to blue; to turn
prose into verse; to turn a Whig to a Tory, or a Hindu to a Christian;
to turn good to evil, and the like.
- v. t. - To form in a lathe; to shape or fashion (anything) by
applying a cutting tool to it while revolving; as, to turn the legs of
stools or tables; to turn ivory or metal.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?