How many syllables in Guard
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - To protect from danger; to secure against surprise, attack,
or injury; to keep in safety; to defend; to shelter; to shield from
surprise or attack; to protect by attendance; to accompany for
protection; to care for.
- n. - To keep watch over, in order to prevent escape or restrain
from acts of violence, or the like.
- n. - To protect the edge of, esp. with an ornamental border;
hence, to face or ornament with lists, laces, etc.
- n. - To fasten by binding; to gird.
- v. i. - To watch by way of caution or defense; to be caution; to
be in a state or position of defense or safety; as, careful persons
guard against mistakes.
- v. t. - One who, or that which, guards from injury, danger,
exposure, or attack; defense; protection.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?