How many syllables in Gate
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - A large door or passageway in the wall of a city, of an
inclosed field or place, or of a grand edifice, etc.; also, the movable
structure of timber, metal, etc., by which the passage can be closed.
- n. - An opening for passage in any inclosing wall, fence, or
barrier; or the suspended framework which closes or opens a passage.
Also, figuratively, a means or way of entrance or of exit.
- n. - A door, valve, or other device, for stopping the passage of
water through a dam, lock, pipe, etc.
- n. - The places which command the entrances or access; hence,
place of vantage; power; might.
- n. - In a lock tumbler, the opening for the stump of the bolt to
pass through or into.
- n. - The channel or opening through which metal is poured into the
mold; the ingate.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?