How many syllables in Fox
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - A carnivorous animal of the genus Vulpes, family Canidae, of
many species. The European fox (V. vulgaris or V. vulpes), the American
red fox (V. fulvus), the American gray fox (V. Virginianus), and the
arctic, white, or blue, fox (V. lagopus) are well-known species.
- n. - The European dragonet.
- n. - The fox shark or thrasher shark; -- called also sea fox. See
Thrasher shark, under Shark.
- n. - A sly, cunning fellow.
- n. - Rope yarn twisted together, and rubbed with tar; -- used for
seizings or mats.
- n. - A sword; -- so called from the stamp of a fox on the blade, or
perhaps of a wolf taken for a fox.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?