How many syllables in Fluke
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - The European flounder. See Flounder.
- n. - A parasitic trematode worm of several species, having a
flat, lanceolate body and two suckers. Two species (Fasciola hepatica
and Distoma lanceolatum) are found in the livers of sheep, and produce
the disease called rot.
- n. - The part of an anchor which fastens in the ground; a flook.
- n. - One of the lobes of a whale's tail, so called from the
resemblance to the fluke of an anchor.
- n. - An instrument for cleaning out a hole drilled in stone for
- n. - An accidental and favorable stroke at billiards (called a
scratch in the United States); hence, any accidental or unexpected
advantage; as, he won by a fluke.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?