How many syllables in Fling
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. t. - To cast, send, to throw from the hand; to hurl; to dart;
to emit with violence as if thrown from the hand; as, to fing a stone
into the pond.
- v. t. - To shed forth; to emit; to scatter.
- v. t. - To throw; to hurl; to throw off or down; to prostrate;
hence, to baffle; to defeat; as, to fling a party in litigation.
- v. i. - To throw; to wince; to flounce; as, the horse began to
kick and fling.
- v. i. - To cast in the teeth; to utter abusive language; to
sneer; as, the scold began to flout and fling.
- v. i. - To throw one's self in a violent or hasty manner; to rush
or spring with violence or haste.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?