How many syllables in Fall
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. t. - To Descend, either suddenly or gradually; particularly, to
descend by the force of gravity; to drop; to sink; as, the apple falls;
the tide falls; the mercury falls in the barometer.
- v. t. - To cease to be erect; to take suddenly a recumbent
posture; to become prostrate; to drop; as, a child totters and falls; a
tree falls; a worshiper falls on his knees.
- v. t. - To find a final outlet; to discharge its waters; to empty;
-- with into; as, the river Rhone falls into the Mediterranean.
- v. t. - To become prostrate and dead; to die; especially, to die
by violence, as in battle.
- v. t. - To cease to be active or strong; to die away; to lose
strength; to subside; to become less intense; as, the wind falls.
- v. t. - To issue forth into life; to be brought forth; -- said of
the young of certain animals.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?