How many syllables in Curb
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. t. - To bend or curve
- v. t. - To guide and manage, or restrain, as with a curb; to bend
to one's will; to subject; to subdue; to restrain; to confine; to keep
- v. t. - To furnish wich a curb, as a well; also, to restrain by a
curb, as a bank of earth.
- v. i. - To bend; to crouch; to cringe.
- n. - That which curbs, restrains, or subdues; a check or
hindrance; esp., a chain or strap attached to the upper part of the
branches of a bit, and capable of being drawn tightly against the lower
jaw of the horse.
- n. - An assemblage of three or more pieces of timber, or a metal
member, forming a frame around an opening, and serving to maintain the
integrity of that opening; also, a ring of stone serving a similar
purpose, as at the eye of a dome.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?