How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - A supposed material or psychical agent or mode of activity
other than a force, law, or purpose; fortune; fate; -- in this sense
- n. - The operation or activity of such agent.
- n. - The supposed effect of such an agent; something that
befalls, as the result of unknown or unconsidered forces; the issue of
uncertain conditions; an event not calculated upon; an unexpected
occurrence; a happening; accident; fortuity; casualty.
- n. - A possibility; a likelihood; an opportunity; -- with
reference to a doubtful result; as, a chance to escape; a chance for
life; the chances are all against him.
- n. - Probability.
- v. i. - To happen, come, or arrive, without design or
1 Syllable Words Starting with?