How many syllables in Burn
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. t. - To consume with fire; to reduce to ashes by the action of
heat or fire; -- frequently intensified by up: as, to burn up wood.
- v. t. - To injure by fire or heat; to change destructively some
property or properties of, by undue exposure to fire or heat; to
scorch; to scald; to blister; to singe; to char; to sear; as, to burn
steel in forging; to burn one's face in the sun; the sun burns the
- v. t. - To perfect or improve by fire or heat; to submit to the
action of fire or heat for some economic purpose; to destroy or change
some property or properties of, by exposure to fire or heat in due
degree for obtaining a desired residuum, product, or effect; to bake;
as, to burn clay in making bricks or pottery; to burn wood so as to
produce charcoal; to burn limestone for the lime.
- v. t. - To make or produce, as an effect or result, by the
application of fire or heat; as, to burn a hole; to burn charcoal; to
burn letters into a block.
- v. t. - To consume, injure, or change the condition of, as if by
action of fire or heat; to affect as fire or heat does; as, to burn the
mouth with pepper.
- v. t. - To apply a cautery to; to cauterize.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?