How many syllables in Brain
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - The whitish mass of soft matter (the center of the nervous
system, and the seat of consciousness and volition) which is inclosed
in the cartilaginous or bony cranium of vertebrate animals. It is
simply the anterior termination of the spinal cord, and is developed
from three embryonic vesicles, whose cavities are connected with the
central canal of the cord; the cavities of the vesicles become the
central cavities, or ventricles, and the walls thicken unequally and
become the three segments, the fore-, mid-, and hind-brain.
- n. - The anterior or cephalic ganglion in insects and other
- n. - The organ or seat of intellect; hence, the understanding.
- n. - The affections; fancy; imagination.
- v. t. - To dash out the brains of; to kill by beating out the
brains. Hence, Fig.: To destroy; to put an end to; to defeat.
- v. t. - To conceive; to understand.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?