How many syllables in Board
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - A piece of timber sawed thin, and of considerable length and
breadth as compared with the thickness, -- used for building, etc.
- n. - A table to put food upon.
- n. - Hence: What is served on a table as food; stated meals;
provision; entertainment; -- usually as furnished for pay; as, to work
for one's board; the price of board.
- n. - A table at which a council or court is held. Hence: A
council, convened for business, or any authorized assembly or meeting,
public or private; a number of persons appointed or elected to sit in
council for the management or direction of some public or private
business or trust; as, the Board of Admiralty; a board of trade; a
board of directors, trustees, commissioners, etc.
- n. - A square or oblong piece of thin wood or other material used
for some special purpose, as, a molding board; a board or surface
painted or arranged for a game; as, a chessboard; a backgammon board.
- n. - Paper made thick and stiff like a board, for book covers,
etc.; pasteboard; as, to bind a book in boards.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?