How many syllables in Heat
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - A force in nature which is recognized in various effects, but
especially in the phenomena of fusion and evaporation, and which, as
manifested in fire, the sun's rays, mechanical action, chemical
combination, etc., becomes directly known to us through the sense of
feeling. In its nature heat is a mode if motion, being in general a
form of molecular disturbance or vibration. It was formerly supposed to
be a subtile, imponderable fluid, to which was given the name caloric.
- n. - The sensation caused by the force or influence of heat when
excessive, or above that which is normal to the human body; the bodily
feeling experienced on exposure to fire, the sun's rays, etc.; the
reverse of cold.
- n. - High temperature, as distinguished from low temperature, or
cold; as, the heat of summer and the cold of winter; heat of the skin
or body in fever, etc.
- n. - Indication of high temperature; appearance, condition, or
color of a body, as indicating its temperature; redness; high color;
flush; degree of temperature to which something is heated, as indicated
by appearance, condition, or otherwise.
- n. - A single complete operation of heating, as at a forge or in a
furnace; as, to make a horseshoe in a certain number of heats.
- n. - A violent action unintermitted; a single effort; a single
course in a race that consists of two or more courses; as, he won two
heats out of three.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?