How many syllables in Yoke
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - A bar or frame of wood by which two oxen are joined at the
heads or necks for working together.
- n. - A frame or piece resembling a yoke, as in use or shape.
- n. - A frame of wood fitted to a person's shoulders for carrying
pails, etc., suspended on each side; as, a milkmaid's yoke.
- n. - A frame worn on the neck of an animal, as a cow, a pig, a
goose, to prevent passage through a fence.
- n. - A frame or convex piece by which a bell is hung for ringing
it. See Illust. of Bell.
- n. - A crosspiece upon the head of a boat's rudder. To its ends
lines are attached which lead forward so that the boat can be steered
1 Syllable Words Starting with?