How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. t. - The quality of being heavy; that property of bodies by
which they tend toward the center of the earth; the effect of
gravitative force, especially when expressed in certain units or
standards, as pounds, grams, etc.
- v. t. - The quantity of heaviness; comparative tendency to the
center of the earth; the quantity of matter as estimated by the
balance, or expressed numerically with reference to some standard unit;
as, a mass of stone having the weight of five hundred pounds.
- v. t. - Hence, pressure; burden; as, the weight of care or
- v. t. - Importance; power; influence; efficacy; consequence;
moment; impressiveness; as, a consideration of vast weight.
- v. t. - A scale, or graduated standard, of heaviness; a mode of
estimating weight; as, avoirdupois weight; troy weight; apothecaries'
- v. t. - A ponderous mass; something heavy; as, a clock weight; a
1 Syllable Words Starting with?