How many syllables in Wear
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - Same as Weir.
- v. t. - To cause to go about, as a vessel, by putting the helm up,
instead of alee as in tacking, so that the vessel's bow is turned away
from, and her stern is presented to, the wind, and, as she turns still
farther, her sails fill on the other side; to veer.
- v. t. - To carry or bear upon the person; to bear upon one's self,
as an article of clothing, decoration, warfare, bondage, etc.; to have
appendant to one's body; to have on; as, to wear a coat; to wear a
- v. t. - To have or exhibit an appearance of, as an aspect or
manner; to bear; as, she wears a smile on her countenance.
- v. t. - To use up by carrying or having upon one's self; hence, to
consume by use; to waste; to use up; as, to wear clothes rapidly.
- v. t. - To impair, waste, or diminish, by continual attrition,
scraping, percussion, on the like; to consume gradually; to cause to
lower or disappear; to spend.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?