How many syllables in Watch
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. i. - The act of watching; forbearance of sleep; vigil;
wakeful, vigilant, or constantly observant attention; close
observation; guard; preservative or preventive vigilance; formerly, a
watching or guarding by night.
- v. i. - One who watches, or those who watch; a watchman, or a
body of watchmen; a sentry; a guard.
- v. i. - The post or office of a watchman; also, the place where a
watchman is posted, or where a guard is kept.
- v. i. - The period of the night during which a person does duty
as a sentinel, or guard; the time from the placing of a sentinel till
his relief; hence, a division of the night.
- v. i. - A small timepiece, or chronometer, to be carried about
the person, the machinery of which is moved by a spring.
- n. - An allotted portion of time, usually four hour for standing
watch, or being on deck ready for duty. Cf. Dogwatch.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?