How many syllables in Wash
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. t. - To cleanse by ablution, or dipping or rubbing in water; to
apply water or other liquid to for the purpose of cleansing; to scrub
with water, etc., or as with water; as, to wash the hands or body; to
wash garments; to wash sheep or wool; to wash the pavement or floor; to
wash the bark of trees.
- v. t. - To cover with water or any liquid; to wet; to fall on and
moisten; hence, to overflow or dash against; as, waves wash the shore.
- v. t. - To waste or abrade by the force of water in motion; as,
heavy rains wash a road or an embankment.
- v. t. - To remove by washing to take away by, or as by, the action
of water; to drag or draw off as by the tide; -- often with away, off,
out, etc.; as, to wash dirt from the hands.
- v. t. - To cover with a thin or watery coat of color; to tint
lightly and thinly.
- v. t. - To overlay with a thin coat of metal; as, steel washed
1 Syllable Words Starting with?