How many syllables in Vote
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - An ardent wish or desire; a vow; a prayer.
- n. - A wish, choice, or opinion, of a person or a body of persons,
expressed in some received and authorized way; the expression of a
wish, desire, will, preference, or choice, in regard to any measure
proposed, in which the person voting has an interest in common with
others, either in electing a person to office, or in passing laws,
rules, regulations, etc.; suffrage.
- n. - That by means of which will or preference is expressed in
elections, or in deciding propositions; voice; a ballot; a ticket; as,
a written vote.
- n. - Expression of judgment or will by a majority; legal decision
by some expression of the minds of a number; as, the vote was
unanimous; a vote of confidence.
- n. - Votes, collectively; as, the Tory vote; the labor vote.
- v. i. - To express or signify the mind, will, or preference,
either viva voce, or by ballot, or by other authorized means, as in
electing persons to office, in passing laws, regulations, etc., or in
deciding on any proposition in which one has an interest with others.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?