How many syllables in Visit
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. t. - To go or come to see, as for the purpose of friendship,
business, curiosity, etc.; to attend; to call upon; as, the physician
visits his patient.
- v. t. - To go or come to see for inspection, examination,
correction of abuses, etc.; to examine, to inspect; as, a bishop visits
his diocese; a superintendent visits persons or works under his charge.
- v. t. - To come to for the purpose of chastising, rewarding,
comforting; to come upon with reward or retribution; to appear before
or judge; as, to visit in mercy; to visit one in wrath.
- v. i. - To make a visit or visits; to maintain visiting
relations; to practice calling on others.
- v. t. - The act of visiting, or going to see a person or thing; a
brief stay of business, friendship, ceremony, curiosity, or the like,
usually longer than a call; as, a visit of civility or respect; a visit
to Saratoga; the visit of a physician.
- v. t. - The act of going to view or inspect; an official or
formal inspection; examination; visitation; as, the visit of a trustee
2 Syllable Words Starting with?