How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- p. pr. & vb. n. - of Understand
- a. - Knowing; intelligent; skillful; as, he is an
- n. - The act of one who understands a thing, in any sense
of the verb; knowledge; discernment; comprehension; interpretation;
- n. - An agreement of opinion or feeling; adjustment of
differences; harmony; anything mutually understood or agreed upon; as,
to come to an understanding with another.
- n. - The power to understand; the intellectual faculty;
the intelligence; the rational powers collectively conceived an
designated; the higher capacities of the intellect; the power to
distinguish truth from falsehood, and to adapt means to ends.
- n. - Specifically, the discursive faculty; the faculty of
knowing by the medium or use of general conceptions or relations. In
this sense it is contrasted with, and distinguished from, the reason.
4 Syllable Words Starting with?