How many syllables in Twist
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. t. - To contort; to writhe; to complicate; to crook spirally;
- v. t. - Hence, to turn from the true form or meaning; to pervert;
as, to twist a passage cited from an author.
- v. t. - To distort, as a solid body, by turning one part
relatively to another about an axis passing through both; to subject to
torsion; as, to twist a shaft.
- v. t. - To wreathe; to wind; to encircle; to unite by
intertexture of parts.
- v. t. - To wind into; to insinuate; -- used reflexively; as,
avarice twists itself into all human concerns.
- v. t. - To unite by winding one thread, strand, or other flexible
substance, round another; to form by convolution, or winding separate
things round each other; as, to twist yarn or thread.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?