How many syllables in Trim
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. t. - To make trim; to put in due order for any purpose; to make
right, neat, or pleasing; to adjust.
- v. t. - To dress; to decorate; to adorn; to invest; to embellish;
as, to trim a hat.
- v. t. - To make ready or right by cutting or shortening; to clip
or lop; to curtail; as, to trim the hair; to trim a tree.
- v. t. - To dress, as timber; to make smooth.
- v. t. - To adjust, as a ship, by arranging the cargo, or disposing
the weight of persons or goods, so equally on each side of the center
and at each end, that she shall sit well on the water and sail well;
as, to trim a ship, or a boat.
- v. t. - To arrange in due order for sailing; as, to trim the
1 Syllable Words Starting with?