How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. t. - To cut; to form or shape by cutting; to make by
incision, hewing, or the like.
- v. t. - To fortify by cutting a ditch, and raising a rampart or
breastwork with the earth thrown out of the ditch; to intrench.
- v. t. - To cut furrows or ditches in; as, to trench land for the
purpose of draining it.
- v. t. - To dig or cultivate very deeply, usually by digging
parallel contiguous trenches in succession, filling each from the next;
as, to trench a garden for certain crops.
- v. i. - To encroach; to intrench.
- v. i. - To have direction; to aim or tend.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?