How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - The act of passing; passage through or over.
- n. - The act or process of causing to pass; conveyance; as, the
transit of goods through a country.
- n. - A line or route of passage or conveyance; as, the
- n. - The passage of a heavenly body over the meridian of a
place, or through the field of a telescope.
- n. - The passage of a smaller body across the disk of a larger,
as of Venus across the sun's disk, or of a satellite or its shadow
across the disk of its primary.
- n. - An instrument resembling a theodolite, used by surveyors
and engineers; -- called also transit compass, and surveyor's transit.
2 Syllable Words Starting with?