How many syllables in Toast
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. t. - To dry and brown by the heat of a fire; as, to toast
- v. t. - To warm thoroughly; as, to toast the feet.
- v. t. - To name when a health is proposed to be drunk; to drink
to the health, or in honor, of; as, to toast a lady.
- v. - Bread dried and browned before a fire, usually in slices;
also, a kind of food prepared by putting slices of toasted bread into
milk, gravy, etc.
- v. - A lady in honor of whom persons or a company are invited to
drink; -- so called because toasts were formerly put into the liquor,
as a great delicacy.
- v. - Hence, any person, especially a person of distinction, in
honor of whom a health is drunk; hence, also, anything so commemorated;
a sentiment, as "The land we live in," "The day we celebrate," etc.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?