How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - A very small twist of flax, wool, cotton, silk, or other
fibrous substance, drawn out to considerable length; a compound cord
consisting of two or more single yarns doubled, or joined together, and
- n. - A filament, as of a flower, or of any fibrous substance, as
of bark; also, a line of gold or silver.
- n. - The prominent part of the spiral of a screw or nut; the
rib. See Screw, n., 1.
- n. - Fig.: Something continued in a long course or tenor; a,s
the thread of life, or of a discourse.
- n. - Fig.: Composition; quality; fineness.
- v. t. - To pass a thread through the eye of; as, to thread a
1 Syllable Words Starting with?