How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. t. - To mingle in due proportion; to prepare by combining; to
modify, as by adding some new element; to qualify, as by an ingredient;
hence, to soften; to mollify; to assuage; to soothe; to calm.
- v. t. - To fit together; to adjust; to accomodate.
- v. t. - To bring to a proper degree of hardness; as, to temper
iron or steel.
- v. t. - To govern; to manage.
- v. t. - To moisten to a proper consistency and stir thoroughly,
as clay for making brick, loam for molding, etc.
- v. t. - To adjust, as the mathematical scale to the actual
scale, or to that in actual use.
2 Syllable Words Starting with?