How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - Apparatus for raising or lowering heavy weights, consisting
of a rope and pulley blocks; sometimes, the rope and attachments, as
distinct from the block.
- n. - Any instruments of action; an apparatus by which an object
is moved or operated; gear; as, fishing tackle, hunting tackle;
formerly, specifically, weapons.
- n. - The rigging and apparatus of a ship; also, any purchase
where more than one block is used.
- n. - To supply with tackle.
- n. - To fasten or attach, as with a tackle; to harness; as, to
tackle a horse into a coach or wagon.
- n. - To seize; to lay hold of; to grapple; as, a wrestler
tackles his antagonist; a dog tackles the game.
2 Syllable Words Starting with?