How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - An assemblage of objects arranged in regular subordination,
or after some distinct method, usually logical or scientific; a
complete whole of objects related by some common law, principle, or
end; a complete exhibition of essential principles or facts, arranged
in a rational dependence or connection; a regular union of principles
or parts forming one entire thing; as, a system of philosophy; a system
of government; a system of divinity; a system of botany or chemistry; a
military system; the solar system.
- n. - Hence, the whole scheme of created things regarded as
forming one complete plan of whole; the universe.
- n. - Regular method or order; formal arrangement; plan; as, to
have a system in one's business.
- n. - The collection of staves which form a full score. See
- n. - An assemblage of parts or organs, either in animal or
plant, essential to the performance of some particular function or
functions which as a rule are of greater complexity than those
manifested by a single organ; as, the capillary system, the muscular
system, the digestive system, etc.; hence, the whole body as a
- n. - One of the stellate or irregular clusters of intimately
united zooids which are imbedded in, or scattered over, the surface of
the common tissue of many compound ascidians.
2 Syllable Words Starting with?