How many syllables in Swear
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. i. - To affirm or utter a solemn declaration, with an appeal
to God for the truth of what is affirmed; to make a promise, threat, or
resolve on oath; also, to affirm solemnly by some sacred object, or one
regarded as sacred, as the Bible, the Koran, etc.
- v. i. - To give evidence on oath; as, to swear to the truth of a
statement; he swore against the prisoner.
- v. i. - To make an appeal to God in an irreverant manner; to use
the name of God or sacred things profanely; to call upon God in
imprecation; to curse.
- v. t. - To utter or affirm with a solemn appeal to God for the
truth of the declaration; to make (a promise, threat, or resolve) under
- v. t. - To put to an oath; to cause to take an oath; to
administer an oath to; -- ofetn followed by in or into; as, to swear
witnesses; to swear a jury; to swear in an officer; he was sworn into
- v. t. - To declare or charge upon oath; as, he swore treason
against his friend.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?