How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. t. - To touch or hit with some force, either with the hand or
with an instrument; to smite; to give a blow to, either with the hand
or with any instrument or missile.
- v. t. - To come in collision with; to strike against; as, a
bullet struck him; the wave struck the boat amidships; the ship struck
- v. t. - To give, as a blow; to impel, as with a blow; to give a
force to; to dash; to cast.
- v. t. - To stamp or impress with a stroke; to coin; as, to
strike coin from metal: to strike dollars at the mint.
- v. t. - To thrust in; to cause to enter or penetrate; to set in
the earth; as, a tree strikes its roots deep.
- v. t. - To punish; to afflict; to smite.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?