How many syllables in Stoop
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - Originally, a covered porch with seats, at a house door; the
Dutch stoep as introduced by the Dutch into New York. Afterward, an
out-of-door flight of stairs of from seven to fourteen steps, with
platform and parapets, leading to an entrance door some distance above
the street; the French perron. Hence, any porch, platform, entrance
stairway, or small veranda, at a house door.
- n. - A vessel of liquor; a flagon.
- n. - A post fixed in the earth.
- v. i. - To bend the upper part of the body downward and forward;
to bend or lean forward; to incline forward in standing or walking; to
assume habitually a bent position.
- v. i. - To yield; to submit; to bend, as by compulsion; to assume
a position of humility or subjection.
- v. i. - To descend from rank or dignity; to condescend.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?