How many syllables in Split
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- imp. & p. p. - of Split
- v. t. - To divide lengthwise; to separate from end to end, esp.
by force; to divide in the direction of the grain layers; to rive; to
cleave; as, to split a piece of timber or a board; to split a gem; to
split a sheepskin.
- v. t. - To burst; to rupture; to rend; to tear asunder.
- v. t. - To divide or break up into parts or divisions, as by
discord; to separate into parts or parties, as a political party; to
- v. t. - To divide or separate into components; -- often used with
up; as, to split up sugar into alcohol and carbonic acid.
- v. i. - To part asunder; to be rent; to burst; as, vessels split
by the freezing of water in them.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?